The girls and boys show up both at the church but are in separate rooms. The boys then come over to a room and come in to a mom and dad(just a couple at our church) and they have to meet "the parents" then Katelynn walked out to meet her date. She had made a boutonniere the previous night(they taught all the youth how to make corsages and boutonnieres) and then her date gave her the corsage. Then he escorts her to the gym where the dinner will be. They spend time having an etiquette lesson, eating dinner, answering fun get-to-know you questions and a game. Then the rest of the evening is spent dancing. You begin and end the dance with your "date" and then the rest of the time you can dance with whomever you would like to. It is a great way to learn the arts of dating.
Because I now work with the youth at church, I got to help with the planning of this night and I was able to attend. It was fantastic. The youth all looked to beautiful and handsome.
Katelynn looked great and she had a great time with her date.


2 comments:
Katelynn, you look beautiful! I can hardly wait to see all of you in a few days.
How wonderful, you're a fine looking couple. Love your dress.
Grandma Nona
Post a Comment