Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Family Came to Visit


Nathan (Jen's little guy)

Logan (Amy's Boy)

Greyson(Shelley's son)

I love having family around. We had 3 cute babies all between the ages of 3 and 6 months old. They are so fun and we all enjoyed them. Shelley and Amy could only stay for 2 days, but being a mom, even just 2 days away from the responsibilities of all the kids is a vacation and very important. Mom and Dad stayed for 5 days. Jen and Vii stayed for 8 days.

One of the days we all rode the Spokane Transit from Cheney to Spokane to the downtown mall. Just the bus ride itself was fun. We just browsed the mall and finally ended up at Red Robin for dinner. And to my surprise, out jumps some employees singing happy birthday to me. Yikes. I don't like this kind of attention. But I did get a yummy sundae out of the embarrassing moment, so I guess it wasn't all that bad. We then took the bus back home. Daniel talked the whole way home. He really liked the bus ride.

One of the really cool things that I was able to do with dad was replace the faucet in our kitchen and put in a new garbage disposal. Dad was a great teacher because he made me do all the work. Now I just love to hear the garbage disposal run. It is so quiet. Now this next week I need to finish replacing the plumbing in the kitchen. Dad has talked me through it. It is nice to know I can do many different things.

Once the house quieted down with only Jen and Vii and Nathan here, we just kind of slowed things down a bit. Ben took a day off and Daniel, Ben and I along with Jen, Vii and Nathan went to the mall and had a fun time together. They are fun to be around.

Friday night Katelynn agreed to babysit the kids so that Ben and I and Jen and Vii could go to a dance that was being put on my the ward. The boys tried hard to find every reason to get out of it. But if you ask them now I know they had a good time. We danced the night away and had fun.

The time finally came for all the visits to end. As much as I kind of want some normalcy to my life, I am always very sad and have a "blue" day while I am sad. I love my family. I enjoy them so much.

No comments: