Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wanted: Plastic Bubble with Space for 11 year old.

While Jen and Vii were still here, there was a day that I babysat Nathan so they could go on a date. While they were gone I missed an important phone call because I was visiting on the phone with a friend. Ben received the phone call at work instead. They said that Matt had been playing at recess and was pushed somehow and had cut open his elbow pretty bad with lots of bleeding. So Ben rushed over there and he and Matt walked over to the clinic across the street. 5 stitches and 1 tetanus shot later, Matt walks out of the doctors office bandaged up. I was so grateful the Ben was available to take care of this one. Just looking at the wound after the stitches were in was hard enough for me. I am sure you are just dying to see what it looked like. Ben did get a couple pictures of it before the stitches were put in on his cell phone, but I don't know how to transfer that over to the computer.

Matt is such a trooper. He is brave and has a very high tolerance for pain. I took him in a week later for the stitches to be removed and he was cleared to play on the playground at school on Monday. Guess what happens on Monday??? I get a call from the school nurse telling me he fell on his elbow and he is bleeding. HELP!!! She said that the wound did not split back open, the scab was just ripped off and that was the bleeding, so she bandaged him up and sent him on his way.

1 comment:

Mom/Sandy said...

Actually, I am glad that you were not able to transfer the pictures. Just thinking about it makes me cringe. Hope it's all healed by now. Love ya Matt,