My children are great motivators for me. Ben was gone for a few days and I wanted to finish a project I had started last summer. I wanted to have the kids make a splatter mural for our bedroom. But before I began, I realized that the walls in our bedroom were pretty dirty and the color of the room reminds me of an ice cube(white) and then the carpet is blue so the reflection of the carpet on the walls makes then look ice blue. So I was contemplating painting the room while Ben was gone. But the idea of all the taping and priming and then painting was making me not want to begin such a project.
I told the kids of my idea and they all said that I should do it. They said they would help. They let me go to the store by myself and get paint. My children gave me courage to start a project that felt a bit large. I completed the project in a day and a half and I love it so much. The walls are a creamy tan color and the room feels very warm and inviting. I am so glad I did it. It was going to be a surprise.
Ben called that night while I was taping the edges and Daniel said he wanted to talk to Dad. I told Daniel that painting is our secret and not to tell Dad. He grabs that phone and jumps on my bed(which was in the middle of the room with all the pillows piled up) and hides behind the pillows and I hear him whisper, “Dad, we are painting” So the secret was out, but Ben didn't know what room and what color it would be. Ben liked the room when he got home. I found that having a project to work on while Ben was gone helped occupy my time in the evening when kids were in bed and by the time I was done, I was so tired, so I went right to sleep. Now I like being in that room. I finally got around to putting up our framed pictures of the temple we were married in, and a picture of Ben and I when we got married. And best of all, the mural that that kids made for our room looks terrific and it was made by them. It just makes the room look wonderful.
BEFORE:
DURING:
AFTER:
Mural painting by the kids
2 comments:
Love it! I was hoping you'd share pictures after reading your family letter! It looks great and you've got some great helpers and motivators!
Great job! It looks great.
Post a Comment