We have had leaky kitchen pipes for quite some time now(maybe years). I was determined to fix it, so I bought a new faucet and hoped that would be enough motivation. Well, it wasn't. So when my parents came to visit in February, I figured this would be a great time to get that leak fixed. My dad helped me take things apart and while looking at the garbage disposal, he commented that it was very old and very undersized for our family. So we went off to the store and bought all we needed to replace the garbage disposal. I was so glad that Dad had me do almost everything. It felt so good to install the entire garbage disposal and faucet myself. When we were done, it appeared that the leak had been fixed. I was happy and feeling so great. Well a couple days after they left, I noticed that the pipes were still leaking. So I have put off what I have needed to do. So today, Daniel and I took on the challenge of replacing all the pipes and hopefully fixing the leak once and for all.
We did it with only 2 trips to the hardware store. I think it looks great but now that it is done, I just close the door and noone will ever really see the brand new plastic plumbing. But I know that we no longer have a leak and everything has been replaced and will last for many years to come. It feels like a great accomplishment.
3 comments:
So how much do you hire Daniel out for? Great job, Lisa.
I'm impressed - I wouldn't have a clue what to do.
so i have a faucet that needs to be replaced- how much do you charge!?! :)
Post a Comment